Friday, January 12, 2007

Update Madness - 12 January 2007

I have a few personal updates:

1) I received my Presidential Management Fellows exam date today. The big day is 1 February in a federal building over in Foggy Bottom.

2) I played around the color scheme (read: hit the "shuffle blog colors" button for a few minutes) so my blog has a more distinct look at is easier on the eyes.

3) If you're planning on seeing The Black Dahlia, don't bother. The acting is fine, but the plot is disjointed and the screenwriters obviously misinterperted the idea of a 'twist ending' as 'revealing all of the key plot points in the last 15 minutes of the movie.' If you're into movies with really flourid, poetic dialogue, see History Boys (if not, don't bother). See The Illusionist if you haven't already. It is conclusive proof that Edward Norton is Generation X's greatest actor. If you're thinking about a career in the CIA's Clandestine Service, go see the The Good Shepard and if you're thinking about it afterward, you're a better man than I.

No comments: