Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Update Madness 6 March 2007

Faithful readers, I apologize for the lack of posts during weekdays for the last two weeks. My Japanese language exit exam is in two days and I have spent almost every free moment for a fortnight cramming.

I've been cooking up some thoughts on arms control, the North Korea situation, Japanese defense politics and China's self-styled 'peaceful rise' -- spring break is next week, so I should have time to put them all online.

I also wanted to direct everyone's attention to my ClustrMaps. I anticipated only getting a modest amount of traffic, but I am really surprised by the geographic dispersion of my audience. Check out all of those readers in the London area and on the West Coast - definitely not the 'Inside the Beltway' crowd I expected.

I'm really impressed by how dispersed my Chinese visitors have been - Fuzhou, Nanjing, Guangzhou (or Hong Kong), Beijing, Shenyang, Harbin, and Lanzhou. The image of the Western-oriented urbanite who lives along China's coast is definitely an undeserved stereotype.

No comments: